Skip to main content

A student once again

Lately, i've been busy enrolling to my dream college. About 3 years ago, when I was young and naive, I wanted to go to neither University of Indonesia or Gadjah Mada University. I had no certain reason why. That's just it, one silly sentence I made and now it becomes real. Thanks to my parents, thanks to God, and everyone that involved in the process. If it had not because of you all, I wouldn't be where I am now. Though, this was not an easy journey, it was one long and despairing journey that I had to put up with. Dont go by yourself in the journey. Let hardwork be your best friend, because hardwork never betray.

The process of enrolling to higher education in Indonesia started at the end of March (if i am not mistaken). There are two kinds of selection that was done nationwide. The first one that started in February called SNMPTN. The competition was tight, because the only criteria that it needed was our grades report from the 3rd until 5th smt. After a month of confusion they finally announce the result. Most of us failed SNMPTN. Approximately 30% of us made it to be the first to enter college. And the rest, we should do our best in the next selection.

The next selection must be done as a test that was designed to (hopefully) measure our readiness to enter college and was held about 3 weeks after the first announcement was issued. It was relatively short period of time. Some of us couldn't get back on their feet and started blaming the way of the selection was undergone by the institution. To those who was not prepared for the test, they have a serious problem.  After another month of confusion, the second announcement was finally issued. I did pass. Well, my score was actually quite bad. But, thank God someone else was worse than me x_x no really jk. I got lucky so I passed. I was accepted to study Geophysics in Padjadjaran University.

There are actually dozens of selections happening during March-August. Some other tests was done independently by various public and private universties in all region of Indonesia. So, I choose to take another test in Gadjah Mada University and Diponegoro University. I completely failed the test in Diponegoro University. But, I finally accepted to study Environmental Geography in Gadjah Mada University.

Still, the journey did not just end. I still had to do the re-registration and stuffs to sustain my living in Yogyakarta. And even after that, Indonesian school has special way to welcome the freshmen. It is called 'Orientation Phase'. Yeah smth like that.

After all of the above, I am finally, and officially a college student.

So, that's my excuse of not posting anything for the last weeks.

Comments