Skip to main content

Could reality turned into fantasy.

I found myself in the middle of the night, out of all those drowsy morning I had in class, unable to sleep. It was an hour away from midnight, Wednesday it was, I remembered reviewing over a list of another excuses I should made tomorrow morning, choosing a sensible one wasn't easy. I had already claimed to be sick for two separate days the last week and chances were nobody was going to buy for it this time. But, I would've lied if I said I care.

The silence lured me into thinking that the clock was ticking erratically and the sound of it was driving me nuts. It was just dark and cold all over. Nothing was distracting me from the damn clock. From the bed, I could saw the hills and lights from houses outside the window, it is just across the room and somehow the view seemed more appealing than it had. I got up and walked to them. Just about two hours ago, we were sitting by this window mesmerized by the view, sang songs we both unintentionally loved and argued like we always had. It was sickening how the present turned into the past only seconds away. Saddened by my own thought, I went back to the bed and pulled a blanket to cover us both. 

As I turned to the left, I gave a gentle stroke on his head but it kinda seemed a little bit unpleasant to him. He had always seemed uncomfortable when somebody touches his head. I cupped my right hand around his left cheek. Now, he looked like he already fell deeper into his sleep. Yes, sleeping heavily right beside me was the guy I had been trying to convince myself for 3 years that all he will and ever said was a lie. I deserved to serve a lifetime in prison for double-crossing my self. I always thought that it was going to be the last time. Alas, I was just giving an alcohol to an alcoholic. Anytime could be the last time I thought, so I savored every moment of it. Because, when the sun peeked through that balcony tomorrow morning, everything that happened tonight would be erased from the book. And if I was drunk enough, I would have believed it all happened inside my head.


Comments